Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Passive Aggressiveness



Anyone that knows me knows I can be a touch sarcastic. Only a touch, mind you.

Shut up that cackling.

I know sarcasm is thought to be immature, but I love it so much I can't give it up. I tried once. I went through a deep depression. It was the hardest five minutes of my life.

But I'll say this - At least 95% of my sarcasm is in good fun. It's rare that I use it to belittle someone or hurt them, and that 5% is usually at some idiot on tv or in the news. You know what I mean, not real people. I use sarcasm to tease people, but not about things that I think will hurt them. If I think they're sensitive about something, I never go there. I'd never moo at an overweight person, for example. I might moo at my 50 pound nine year old. She could never, in any world, be considered overweight, therefore, she would not be sensitive.

Now passive aggressive remarks, in my mind, are some of the nastiest things out there. They are designed, by their very nature, to take a seemingly innocent remark and shoot an arrow straight into the recipient's weakest point. There is no joking involved; they are intended to wound. And you can't really call the person on what they said, because that person will put on their best "who, me?" look and play the victim. ("I can't believe you would say that.")

Thanks, but I'll take the proverbial - pardon my language here - bitch anyday. If you can't say something nice, then at least say it straight forward. Don't get all underhanded and make everyone miserable because you aren't grown up enough to say what you're really feeling.

In case you're wondering if I have a reason for this post, I do. If you're wondering why I'm passive aggressively posting this to my blog instead of confronting said person about it, trust me I've tried - for years and years. I've tried many tactics, ranging from polite to full blown temper tantrum.

Last year I decided I was done. No longer would I let it bother me. Since I could no longer ignore the snide comments made, I made it so I didn't have access to see them. My mood lightened considerably. I'm at that point again now.

If you feel the need to stir the pot, take it elsewhere. I have more important things to do.

Oh, and by the way, if you think this blog is about you? I can't believe you would think that.

No comments:

Post a Comment