Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mysteries of Life

For Mother's Day this year I would like answers to some of the greater mysteries of life.

For example, I would like to know why, after searching for months for all but two of my bras, I finally caved and went on a shopping spree for new ones - to the tune of $68 EACH!!! - only to have the missing culprits magically reappear in my drawer the next day.  Now I'm overloaded in bras.  My girls are happy, but neither my checking account nor my husband is.

And why oh why does my daughter feel the need to take her board games with her into the bathtub.  Yes, you read that right.  I'm still fishing dice out of the drain.  And the the hat and moneybags from Monopoly.  When's the last time you got an overwhelming urge to take over Boardwalk while sudsing up by yourself - I hope she was by herself! - in the tub? 

And if the toddler years are proof that God has a sense of humor (of this I am convinced), then what are the teen years?  Adam and Eve eating of the forbidden fruit come to mind.  "You can do anything you want but text while you drive."  "Okay, I'll text on my way." "NO, wait until you get there."  "Ok, I'll text when I'm almost there."

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment