Monday, September 12, 2011

A Novel Idea

I started reading this new book called A Novel Idea and for the first time in - well, history - I read the foreword.  So even before the book really started I get to this paragraph with questions...

Question #1.  Have you long sensed an urge to tell stories?  I have a mental flashback to me sitting in Mrs. Eatinger's 3rd grade classroom waving my hand wilding in the universal signal for "Pick me! Pick me!"

Question #2.  Do you delight in capturing words and turning them into images on a blank page?  I usually keep it in my head until the voices drive me crazy, but...yeah, sure.

Question #3.  Do others often tell you, "You should be a writer"?  They usually tell me the same thing Mrs.  Eatinger did: "Kerri, please be quiet, I beg of you."

Question #4.  When given the oppurtunity, do your thoughts and feelings come together to weave stories that stay tucked away inside?  YES!  That's exactly it! 

I think I'm going to like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment