Monday, February 18, 2013

Moving On

I'm back in my Grace House. :)  It's a good feeling, I tell you.  I've already visited with several neighbors, and it is so good to be home.  Yes, it's "just" a double wide, but it's HOME.  I've known from the moment I first came over the hill with the realtor more than seven years ago, that this was the place for me, and it still is. I love the property, I love the neighbors, I love watching the sun set from the front porch and the stars at night.  Maybe I wish it had real walls and not those cheesy wallboard things, but hey, other things are more important.

Today, my parents are coming and we're finishing up the moving.  On Saturday, the kids and I got our mattresses, the couch, and our essentials to spend the weekend.  And of course we got the animals.  I've never seen any happier horses!  They were trying to pull us out of the trailer and toward the pasture.  They'd eat a a few bites of grass, then run - something they haven't had room to do - then eat a bit, then run some more.  Already they act like we don't exist, where before they came up the fence the second we walked out the door.  I guess they're feeling self-sufficient enough that they don't need us anymore. :) 

The dogs are happy enough, except poor Sugar.  She used to be an indoor dog here, and we wouldn't let her come in at the other house.  I've decided to keep her an outdoor dog, and she is so confuzzled.  She lays in mud and kept the house so dirty all the time, so I'm putting her torn up loveseat in the barn, but she waits at the front door with a sad look, not understanding why I've rejected her.

The kids appear to be adjusting well.  The girls definitely have, and are thrilled to be home.  Pierson is the one that didn't want to move back, and he seems okay.  I worry about him because he won't talk about his feelings, and even if he's angry I wish he would tell me. But he does seem to be okay now that he's back.  The shorter drive to town seems to be a bonus, and being closer to his best friend will be nice for him. We'll make this work.

As for the renter, she did some things that I believe were intentional.  I think she deliberately messed up the shower head, because I can't imagine letting that go on for a long time.  It was spraying straight up and soaked the floor with a great deal of water in a very quick shower, even with a towel on the floor.  The floor is soft over a good portion of the bathroom and into the closet, so it will have to be replaced fairly soon.  It cost $8 for a new shower head and took me less than two minutes to replace it.  One of those minutes was trying to open the stabbing at the plastic packaging with a knife.  It was her responsibility to let us know of any repairs that needed to be done, so her negligence cost us hundreds of dollars in furture repairs. 

Plus, she took the mailbox, post and all.  Pierson found it yesterday, behind the barn. The neighbors said that she took it down over a month ago, which is when we gave her notice to move.  Her spitefulness will cost her her deposit. And we gave her almost two months of free rent. I don't understand why she was angry.  She left the house nasty dirty as well. Oh well, she's out and I'm home.

I've been running crazy little with lots of errands and little things to be done, and will continue for the next few days.  After that, I'm hoping life will settle to normal hecticness. I haven't worked on my novel in months, and I'm ready to look at it with fresh eyes and finally finish it.  I've figured out what's wrong and how to make it work, but I have to have the time to set aside and DO it.

Life is a wonderful place these days.  My God is a wonderful God and He is mighty to save. His Grace is covering me. His Peace is in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment